Our workplace, in accordance with the fundamental environment policy of the GS Yuasa Group,shall seek to carry out its business operations (namely the development and manufacture of large lithium-ion batteries) whilst being precisely aware of the effects that such products and services have on the environment.
We will seek to prevent pollution, and determine clear technological and financial purposes, aims and programs, in order to deliver an environmental management system and continuous performance improvement.
1) We will treat the harmonization of our business operations with environmental conservation as a key priority.
2) In addition to strictly complying with legal obligations and other demands agreed to by our institution, we will also, as necessary, devise our own voluntary standards to help conserve the environment.
3) We will set up internal environmental audits and self-manage improvements to our environmental management system.
4) When our activities impact upon the environment, we will make it a priority to promote the following.
1, Design and development of environmentally-sensitive large lithium-ion batteries
2, Energy-saving actions (related to electricity and city gas) to reduce CO2 emissions
3, Reducing and recycling of waste material, and other appropriate measures
4, Contributions to society via environmentally-related CSR
5) In order to raise awareness of environmental issues, we will ensure that all employees receive training and relevant PR information. We will also require everyone working for us to demonstrate awareness and understanding of our environmental policy, and actively cooperate with it.
April 1, 2017
Lithium Energy Japan
Environment Committee Chairman